Monday, May 18, 2020

Protect, keep them safe.

Haiku for persevering.

This eternal life
is given to all of you;
you who are my friends.

Life that’s full and true;
forget the hereafter, this
is eternal life.

The hour has come near,
we’re coming to the climax;
glorify your Son.

The work is finished,
well, almost. Shadows lengthen,
the darkness threatens.

You gave them to me,
I made your name known to them,
they have kept your word.

What are mine are yours;
when I am with them no more
hold them in your hand.

They remain earth-bound;
here they must live out their faith
with courage and love.

Protect them, Father;
let them be as one, just as
you and I are one.

© Ken Rookes 2020

No comments:

Much bolder than before

Haiku for preachers Prisoner Peter, now much bolder than before, is charged with preaching. His resurrection words are a...