Monday, May 11, 2020

But you will see me

Haiku of abiding

Prove that you love me,
you who are my disciples;
keep my commandments.

What was that command
that he gave to all his friends?
Something about love.

I’ll ask the Father.
He will send the Advocate;
with you for ever.

The Spirit of truth;
you know him, he is with you.
He will be in you.

Soon I will be gone,
the world will cease to see me,
but you will see me.

You, friends, will see me.
Life and love are found in me;
you also will live.

I in my Father,
you in me and I in you;
much shared indwelling.

Prove that you love me
by keeping my commandments.
Love will unite us.

© Ken Rookes 2020

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...