Sunday, May 24, 2020

One Body

Haiku for members

Hey there, look at me
I am so clever, gifted;
I have the Spirit!

So, even Christians
get caught up, forgetting love.
It’s all about me!

Seduced by power,
craving honour and glory;
forgetting their Lord.

My gift is better
than your gift is. Look at me!
God thinks I’m clever.

It’s time you grew up.
Boasting is way out of line
for people of God

Your gifts were given
that you might work together;
do great things for God.

Big gifts, lesser gifts,
each one has their part to play;
you need each other.

In the one Spirit
baptised into one body;
Jews, Greeks, slaves and free.


© Ken Rookes 2020

Posted in response to the Narrative Lectionary for Pentecost

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...