Monday, July 15, 2024

I make you a house

Haiku for building


The Lord gave him rest

from his enemies; David,

at last, dwells in peace.


The Ark of God stays

in a tent, he tells prophet

Nathan. It’s not right.


I shall build a house

as a dwelling place for God.

Do it! says Nathan.


Nathan has a dream.

God says, tell David I have

not asked for a house.


From Egypt travels

to now, I journeyed with my

people in a tent.


You were a shepherd;

I took you from minding sheep

and made you a king.


You shall reign in peace,

Israel shall put down roots;

they shall be secure.


I make you a house.

It shall be great; your offspring

will rule after you.


You will have a son.

I will make his kingdom great;

he will build my house.


© Ken Rookes 2024


No comments:

A capable wife

Haiku of exceptional virtue A celebration of womanhood. The bar is high, some find it daunting. No mere appendage, this wo...