Sunday, February 11, 2024

The bow in the clouds

Haiku of hope



God spoke to Noah

and family. This is it!

A new beginning!



I make covenant

with you, your children, and all

the creatures on earth.



I promise, Never

again shall I send a flood

to destroy the earth!



I give you a sign:

a bow in the clouds will mark

this new agreement.



When the clouds cover

the earth, the bow reminds me

of our covenant.



All creatures take note:

No more will the waters flood

to destroy all flesh!



The bow in the clouds

speaks of this covenant, made

with all creation.



God pledges to not

destroy the earth; humankind

makes no such promise!



© Ken Rookes 2024

No comments:

Breaking Through

  Haiku of inclusion He’d had a vision. Didn’t know what it meant, ‘til the foreigners came. The Holy Spirit took him from...