Monday, December 18, 2023

Building a house

 

Haiku for a dwelling


David the monarch,

living in peace, thinks to build

a house for the Lord..


Nathan, the prophet,

agrees; goes home, has a dream

causing a rethink.


Nathan tells David,

since I set my poeople free,

I’ve not had a house.


Have I ever asked

Israel’s leaders to build me

a house of cedar?


You were a shepherd;

I took you from the pasture

to rule my people.


I have been with you.

Your ememies are beaten;

I’ll make your name great.


They will dwell in peace,

planted in the place that I

have appointed them.


God makes you a house!

Your kingdom lasts for ever;

your throne is secured.


© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Breaking Through

  Haiku of inclusion He’d had a vision. Didn’t know what it meant, ‘til the foreigners came. The Holy Spirit took him from...