Monday, November 20, 2023

I will seek them out

Haiku for the scattered


The sheep are scattered.

God’s people, dispersed, exiled

among the nations.


I will search for them,

says God. They are my own sheep,

I will seek them out.


I will rescue them

from all their scattered places;

I’ll be their shepherd.


I will bring them home

to Israel’s mountains, give

them food and water.


They’ll have rich pasture,

lie down in good grazing land.

I’ll be their shepherd.


I will seek the lost,

bind the injured, and strengthen

the weak They are mine.


The fat and the strong

I will destroy. They’ll receive

the justice that’s due.


Between sheep and sheep

I will judge; those who ravage,

and the scattered ones.


A true shepherd comes,

my servant David, a prince;

he shall tend my flock.


© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...