Monday, November 6, 2023

Covenant Renewed

Haiku for choosing


The tribes are gathered,

Joshua summons elders

and other leaders.


Before Abraham

your forebears served other gods;

I, your God, blessed him.


I made his offspring

many, led him through Caanan,

I gave him a son.


Therefore you must serve

the Lord; you must be faithful,

serve no foreign gods.


Choose whom you shall serve,

this day. I, and all my house,

we shall serve the Lord.


The people answered:

God has done great things for us,

we, too, will serve God.


Then put them away,

the foreign gods. If you don’t

God will consume you.


The people agree;

choosing to obey the Lord.

Covenant renewed.


© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...