Monday, August 14, 2023

The big reveal

Haiku for siblings


We skip to the end

of the tale: the big reveal!

Joe and his brothers.


Great is the weeping!

The Egyptians, dismissed, hear

the sounds of Joe’s tears.


My father, tell me,

Joseph asks of his brothers;

is he still alive?


The brothers tremble,

knowing the wrong they have done.

What will Joseph do?


Joe draws them closer.

You sold me, but it’s all right;

the result is good.


God planned to send me

to this land to preserve life.

Now I rule it all.


Five more years of drought.

Bring your households to Goshen;

there is plenty here.


Go, tell my father,

tell him that you have seen me.

Hurry, bring him here!


They kiss and they weep;

this family reunion;

of forgiveness, grace.


© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...