Monday, August 22, 2022

Jeremiah begins his work

Haiku of disappointment


Jeremiah speaks,

tells the Lord's heartache over

God's faithless people.


Your ancestors left

me, chose worthless gods, became

worthless in themselves


I was the one who

saved you, yet none of you asked,

Where is the Lord found?


From the wilderness,

desert, drought and deep darkness

to a life-filled land.


Not priests, nor prophets

nor lawyers sought me; they all

followed after Baal


God gave them a land

full of good things, plentiful;

but they chased false gods.


Unprecedented,

outrageous! That a nation

should replace its gods.


My people left me,

the fount of living water;

and  chose leaking tanks.


© Ken Rookes 2022

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...