Monday, May 16, 2022

The ones who love me

 

The ones who love me

Haiku for the faithful


The ones who love me,

they are those who hear my words,

who do what I say.


By your love you show

that you are mine, by keeping

my command to love.


Those who keep my word

are loved by God. We will come,

make our home with them.


Those who do not love,

who fail to keep my commands,

don’t belong to God.


I am with you still.

Soon I’ll be gone; the Spirit

will come in my name.


The Spirit speaks truth,

continues my work of peace.

Peace I leave with you.


I must go away,

to the Father; I return

to you as Spirit.


You love me: rejoice!

The new thing God is doing

is coming to pass!


© Ken Rookes 2022

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...