Sunday, May 29, 2022

Promise (Holy Spirit)

Haiku for Pentecost



The works that I do,

John’s Jesus assures us, should

be enough for faith.


The works that he does

show his close relationship

with God, his Father.


The works that he does

will also be done, John says,

by those who believe.


Ask me anything,

Jesus says, I will do it.

All to God’s glory!


Show that you love me.

by keeping my commandments.

I’ll send my Spirit.


The Spirit of truth

is sent to stand beside you,

recalling my words..


John’s Jesus is sure,

full of authority, joined

and equal with God.


Peace: his parting gift

to his friends. Don’t be troubled,

do not be afraid.


© Ken Rookes 2022

 

No comments:

The day is coming!

Haiku for partying Prophet Isaiah paints his partying canvas in bright, dancing hues. Come to God’s mountain, gather with you...