Sunday, June 7, 2020

Anguish

Haiku to protest innocence.

Such deep depression
to curse the day of one’s birth,
or conception’s night.

Let clouds fall darkly,
let the morning stars be dimmed
and the dawn withheld.

Let all be darkness,
let no joyful cry be heard,
her womb remain closed.

Life is but trouble;
had I not been born, I would
have been spared the pain.

Quit your whinging, Job.
You cannot be innocent;
punishment is just.

You have done much good;
that doesn’t mean you’re blameless.
Come to terms with God.

I won’t be silent.
I will make complaint to God;
I have done no wrong.

Why test us humans,
why bother us constantly.
God, give us a break!

If I sin sometimes
how does that affect you, God;
can't you look away?

God, why target me,
why am I such a burden?
Can’t you let me go?


© Ken Rookes 2020

Posted in response to the Narrative Lectionary for the 14th June 2020.



No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...