Monday, April 29, 2019

Going fishing

Going fishing
Piscatorial Haiku

Seven disciples
decided to go fishing:
found themselves a boat.

They went out at night
hoping that the fish would come
but they caught nothing.

Standing on the shore
the stranger shouted advice:
Try the other side!

The nets are breaking;
It must be the Lord! they shout.
Peter heads ashore.

A lakeside fire,
a breakfast of bread and fish
with their risen Lord.

Jesus asks Peter:
Simon, do you love me more?
Lord, you know I do.

Simon, feed my lambs.
Twice more Jesus questions him:
How do you love me?

Eventually
even Simon must get it;
love made real by deeds.

He said, Feed my sheep,
take care of my little lambs.
It’s all about love.


© Ken Rookes 2019

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...