Monday, May 14, 2018

When the Advocate comes


Haiku for breaking out

The Spirit of truth
AKA the Advocate
will be coming soon.

I will send to you
one who will stand beside you,
who will take your part.

He will testify,
speak of me and what I say;
you must do so, too.

From the beginning
you, my friends, have been with me;
you know who I am.

This is the promise;
you will not be left alone,
the Spirit is yours.

On Pentecost morn
wind and fire roaring through,
blowing dust away.

Imaged by fire,
water, and by rushing wind,
the Spirit has come.

Surprise us Spirit!
Drive us deeper into love,
disturb our comfort.

Needing to be healed,
the world and all its peoples;
come, Holy Spirit!


© Ken Rookes 2018

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...