Monday, May 7, 2018

Belonging, not belonging

Haiku for strangers

You gave them to me,
companions on the journey
towards the kingdom.

I made your name known.
They listened, learning from me,
and keeping your word.

They know that it all
has come from you; ev’rything
that I gave to them.

The hour comes soon
when I can’t be here for them,
to keep my friends safe.

Although I must go,
The world shall remain their home.
Father, protect them.

The world is hostile
to those who are of the truth,
those who don’t belong.

Never my true home,
now my friends are strangers too;
eyes fixed on God’s word.

Here they must remain,
it is here love’s work goes on,
my joy made complete.

They know you sent me.
As I was sent to the world
I am sending them.


© Ken Rookes 2018

No comments:

The day is coming!

Haiku for partying Prophet Isaiah paints his partying canvas in bright, dancing hues. Come to God’s mountain, gather with you...