Monday, March 6, 2017

Hiding in the night


Haiku for the timid but curious.

Hiding in the night,
Nicodemus comes, seeking
answers from Jesus.

We have been impressed
by the things you've said and done;
God must be with you.

Truly I tell you,
if you would see the kingdom
you must be born anew.

Many years have passed
since I emerged from the womb;
can I repeat this?

Flesh gives birth to flesh.
You are spirit; from Spirit
your true life will come.

The Spirit-wind blows,
moving swift with mystery.
Be born of Spirit

You speak of wonders,
teacher. I don't understand;
how can these things be?

Listen to my words
and receive them, they are life.
Lift your eyes, and see.


© Ken Rookes 2017

No comments:

Much bolder than before

Haiku for preachers Prisoner Peter, now much bolder than before, is charged with preaching. His resurrection words are a...