Monday, July 22, 2013
Meet the kids: the prophet Hosea introduces his family
G’day, mate.
It has been a long time.
This is the wife, Gomer,
and the kids.
Yeah, she’s always liked bright colours,
haven’t you dear?
I keep telling her that she’s a natural beauty,
that she doesn’t need so much make up,
but she never listens to me.
No, I never thought I’d get married either,
didn’t seem to go with the lifestyle,
but I guess that the Lord had other ideas.
Domestic bliss?
We have our ups and downs.
This one’s our eldest, we call him Coniston*.
His sister, there, her name’s Pathetic Cow,
and the baby; we christened him Refugee.
Yes, I chose the names. Well, no;
it was the Lord, really.
It’s a prophecy thing.
Think about it.
Yeah, we’re all hoping that when they’re older
the message might change
and we can give them new names,
like Mercy, Joy, and Welcome.
I think the Lord would like that, too.
* The Coniston massacre was a series of killings of Aboriginal
people in Central Australia in 1928.
© Ken Rookes 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come to the water
Come to the water The water, it dances, it burbles and flows, and sings alleluia, new life it bestows. It sweeps ever onward, spread...
-
About a century or two ago, the Pope decided that all the Jews had to leave the Vatican . Naturally there was a big uproar from the Jewish ...
No comments:
Post a Comment