Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting it right

A shame about my brother

being such a lazy kind;

if only he were more like me

with a caring heart and mind.


Be along in just a moment,

there's a few things I must do;

feel free to start without me --

You know I'm there for you.


Just checking my equipment

making sure that it's all right.

I'm so eager to get on with it,

I might work through the night.


Been training for this moment,

I've sat through many classes;

all those examinations

and all those credit passes.


I can't wait to get at it,

but I'd better take a pause

to mentally prepare myself

for shouldering the cause.


I think I'm nearly ready now,

with apron, gloves and knife,

to go down to the vineyard

and to do the work of life. But


perhaps the time is not yet right,

we mustn't rush these things;

need time to think and to be sure,

see what tomorrow brings.

© Ken Rookes

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...