Thursday, July 22, 2010
An ancient but intriguing quote
When He told me that He concealed much love, because I was not able to bear it, my soul answered: "If Thou art God omnipotent, make Thou me able to bear it." Then he made answer finally and said: "If I were to do as thou askest, thou wouldst have here all that thou desirest, and wouldst no longer hunger after Me. For this reason I will not grant thy request, for I desire that in this world thou shouldst hunger and long after Me and shouldst ever be eager to find me."
-Angela of Foligno 1248-1309
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Think about these things
Haiku responding to Phil 4:1-9 Therefore, my sisters, my brothers whom I long for, stand firm in the Lord. You leading wome...
-
About a century or two ago, the Pope decided that all the Jews had to leave the Vatican . Naturally there was a big uproar from the Jewish ...
No comments:
Post a Comment