Sunday, August 16, 2026

Be transformed

Haiku responding to Romans 12:1-8


Sisters and brothers,

I appeal to you, present

your whole selves to God.


Be a sacrifice

that lives toward God; this is

the way you worship.


Don't be like others,

but be transformed; let your minds

be renewed through Christ.


Discern what God wants;

those things that are good, perfect

and acceptable.


Through the grace God gave

me, I tell you, don't be proud;

see yourself truly.


Make sober judgement

of your self, in accordance

with your faith from God.


All of the members

of the body of Christ have

differing functions


By grace we have gifts

diverse: prophecy, teaching,

and encouragement.


Don't neglect your gifts.

Lead tirelessly; be cheerful

showing compassion.


© Ken Rookes 2026

No comments:

Be transformed

Haiku responding to Romans 12:1-8 Sisters and brothers, I appeal to you, present your whole selves to God. Be a sacrifice th...