Monday, March 11, 2024

A new covenant

Haiku of recommencement


Broken covenants;

a sad record of failure

and good intentions.


Not much success here:

promises of blessing, but

failed obligations.


Trust and faithfulness,

obedience to the law,

are what God expects


Just as a husband

cares for his wife, so the Lord

cares for God’s people.


A new covenant

is needed, the other ones

haven’t worked at all.


A new covenant

with Israel and Judah;

this time it will work!


I will put my law

within them; they’ll know, ‘twill be

written in their hearts.


They’ll be my people,

all of them, they will know me.

They won’t need teaching.


I will be their God,

forgiving iniquity,

forgetting their sin.


© Ken Rookes 2024


No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...