Monday, January 22, 2024

Send us prophets, God.

Haiku for those who listen



Deuteronomy.

the second book of the law;

Moses speaks for God.



God will raise for you

a prophet, a bit like me;

make sure you listen.



You can’t come too close;

God’s glory overwhelms you.

Prophets stand between.



I’ll raise up for them

a prophet like you, Moses.

I’ll give him my words.

  


Those who won’t listen

to the prophet’s words, my words;

I’ll hold to account.



A prophet who speaks

words I have not commanded,

that prophet shall die.



Many false prophets

speak words that are not from God;

will they be punished?



Well beyond the church

people speak of justice, truth;

are they prophets, too?



© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Breaking Through

  Haiku of inclusion He’d had a vision. Didn’t know what it meant, ‘til the foreigners came. The Holy Spirit took him from...