Monday, October 16, 2023

You cannot see my face

Haiku of mystery


Moses, God converse.

Mo seeks details, wants to know

what God is planning


Moses presses God:

If I have found favour, then

show me your ways, God.


These people are yours,

care for them. I am with you,

I will give you rest.


Will you go with us?

If your presence will not go

don’t send us from here.


With you as our God

we will be special, unique

among the nations.


I do as you ask,

I look on you with favour,

I know you by name.


Moses asks, Show me

your glory. The Lord agrees.

I shall pass by you.

 

Seeing my glory

you will proclaim the Lord’s name.

I will be gracious.


I will show myself

but you cannot see my face,

not if you would live.


Hide in this cleft rock

while my glory passes by,

you shall see my back.


The back view of God

Yes, I think that I’d take that,

if it was offered.


© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...