Monday, January 9, 2023

The Lord had a plan

 

Haiku of the chosen


Before I was born

the Lord had a plan for me.

A disturbing thought.


In my mother’s womb

he gave me my name. I would

be his instrument.


I laboured in vain,

my words went unheard. I trust

God to console me.


I have been chosen

to call God’s scattered people,

Jacob, back to him


God becomes my strength.

A new task; not just Jacob,

but all the nations.


You will be a light;

God says, that my salvation

might reach all the earth.


Despised and abhorred,

God’s messenger will be heard.

All will come to God.


The Lord is faithful;

God’s chosen one will stand proud,

as the nations come.


© Ken Rookes 2023

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...