Monday, April 18, 2022

Proof

Haiku for believing


Sunday evening,

so the story goes; doors locked,

he comes among them.


A greeting of peace.

Perhaps this is proof enough

that he is risen.


Again he speaks peace,

breathes the Spirit upon them.

Continue my work!


Give the people hope,

Speak God’s word of forgiveness

and new beginnings.


Thomas was not there.

I must see his wounded hands

before I believe.


What proof do I need

that he lives, moves among us;

who will I believe?


Those who have not seen,

who hear my words and follow;

they are truly blessed.


John tells his story:

Know that Jesus is the Christ;

find true life in him!


© Ken Rookes 2022

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...