Monday, February 28, 2022

The choice

Haiku of testing



Forty days and nights

in the wilderness, driven

by the wild Spirit.



A time of testing,

hunger and doubt. Who am I,

what am I to do?



The testing man comes

with his tempting offers: Turn

these stones into bread!



You can have it all;

the power and the glory.

Worship me; it’s yours!



Make a big display!

Throw yourself from this tower.

Angels will catch you!



No. I will not take

the easy road. Love’s pathway

is not without pain.



My course is from God;

I choose it, it chooses me;

and the suffering.



The tester departs.

leaves him alone with his thoughts.

At least, for a time.





© Ken Rookes 2022

No comments:

Which one?

Haiku for an ordered process Calling a meeting of the hundred and twenty, Peter stood to speak. Having defected, Judas nee...