Monday, May 17, 2021

The Advocate Comes

Haiku for Pentecost


The Advocate comes;

Spirit friend standing beside

and taking our part.


Speaking truth into

the soul, and bearing witness

to Jesus the Son.


Time for the parting.

I must go. Feel the sorrow;

I share it with you.


You are not alone.

The Spirit will take my place,

will speak to your hearts.


The Spirit brings truth,

shining light upon the world

and into your heart.


It is for the best.

Together you will declare

the truth that he brings.


I could say much more.

It is enough for now, as

much as you can bear.


The Spirit completes

what I have begun, and brings

all things together.


© Ken Rookes 2021

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...