Sunday, July 12, 2020

I kept my distance

Haiku of forgiving

I kept my distance.
It was too painful to come
knowing I offend.

My letter was sharp
that things might be sorted out
and the pain subside.

I wished to rejoice,
I had confidence in you.
We should have shared joy

He who caused me pain
brought heartache to all of you.
It has been dealt with.

Forgive and embrace,
let him be restored to you;
reaffirm your love.

You have passed the test,
obedience has led you
to this place of grace.

When we forgive, we
declare that Christ is present.
Grace and love abound!

© Ken Rookes 2020 

Posted in response to the Narrative Lectionary for the 7th Sunday after Pentecost.

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...