Monday, June 3, 2019

The Spirit will come

Haiku of promise


They sing lots of songs,
sweet romantic songs of love,
to Jesus on high.

Do you cringe at them,
those romantic songs of love,
Jesus, Son of Man?

If we love Jesus
it’s not about singing songs,
but obedience.

Pouring his Spirit
on the ones who prove their love,
doing what he says.

The Spirit will come
to abide in and with you,
present in my place.

He stands beside you,
an advocate and teacher,
recalling my words.

I give you my peace,
my Spirit and my presence
to guide your living.

When the troubles come
let your hearts rise above them;
do not be afraid.


© Ken Rookes 2019

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...