Monday, May 13, 2019

Commandment

Haiku of supreme importance

People sing Glory!
raising hands in ecstacy;
doesn’t mean a thing.

Don’t care what you say,
there’s just one way to glory;
a pathway through death.

Soon I will be gone,
you cannot go there with me,
where I am going.

Listening to God,
following God’s commandments;
these things bring glory.

Another command,
(call it new, but it’s been said),
just love each other.

Actions filled with love!
This is how I have loved you;
that’s what you must do.

Everyone will know
that you belong to my group
when you live in love.

There’s no other way,
forget raised arms, words and songs:
it’s only by love.


© Ken Rookes 2019

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...