Monday, July 3, 2017

Come to me


Haiku of homecoming

This generation.
Never seen the like before.
Never will again.

They call each other,
the children, young but knowing;
When will you respond?

You can dance with me
or weep mournfully with John;
listen, hear and act.

Come, join in the dance,
accept the invitation,
dine upon God’s word.

The wise will not see.
Love’s mysteries are too hard;
need to be a child.

By the Father’s grace
he grasps heavenly precepts,
shares them with his friends.

You who are anxious,
who struggle with life’s burdens;
come, journey with me.

My yoke is easy.
Gentle, I am, and humble;
I will give you rest.

© Ken Rookes 2017

No comments:

The wilderness road

Haiku of inclusion and welcome An angel told him: take the wilderness road, south, heading to Gaza. Philip did as told, ...