Monday, September 9, 2013

Once, when wandering

Once, when wandering
uncertain and without a destination,
an unexpected wind-spirit thing
claimed my attention with a whisper;
a voice that spoke of the fulfilment of divine love
but mostly spoke of home. I followed;
listening, and immersing myself
in the stories of one who found himself truly mortal;
a fellow traveller and child of dust,
like the rest of us.
My journey began anew,
with more meanderings,
an enduring share in uncertainty,
and a goal that continues to shine;
distant but defiant.
In my sometimes hesitant following
I have learned to be at peace with my need for grace.
There are stories,
more murmurings from the travelling man,
that speak of searching and of being found;
and of the surprising wind-spirit thing.
The stories give me courage to wander,
to explore and to be free;
trusting that even when I feel myself lost,
I will be found.

© Ken Rookes 2013

No comments:

The day is coming!

Haiku for partying Prophet Isaiah paints his partying canvas in bright, dancing hues. Come to God’s mountain, gather with you...