Monday, October 22, 2012

Let me see again




Let me see again
the blue sky gleaming gold day
when I saw the wonder of your grace.
Let me hear again
the words of love and hope
which make my spirit leap and shout.
Let me sing again
the song that soars beyond
the mean confinement of my thoughts.
Let me feel again
the cool wind of your Spirit,
causing me to shiver and stumble.
Let me dance again
the steps which ever surprise
as they rise towards the mystery.
Let me taste again
the cup of your discipleship
and weigh its bitter-sweet draught.
Let me reach again
to be embraced by love
and to share it with your friends.
Let me see again,
like at the first,
and let me follow with brother Bartimaeus
on the way.

© Ken Rookes

No comments:

Much bolder than before

Haiku for preachers Prisoner Peter, now much bolder than before, is charged with preaching. His resurrection words are a...