Monday, June 21, 2010

Close the blinds, Dear!

A Venetian was selling some blinds;
“They are marvellous things!” said he.
“Just put them inside of your mind;
you’ll be surprised at what you can’t see.

“We supplied a fine set to the PM,
the Premier and Treasurer too.
Here are testimonials from them,
telling what they have screened from their view.

“My eyes used to give me such trouble
with the news and the current affairs,
My blinds did their trick at the double
while I reclined in my favourite chair.

“My beautiful blinds are impressive;
I can see no-one homeless or strange,
none weeping, nor persons depressive;
and they come in a full colour range.

“There are no better blinds in the country;
we are giving them out at half price!
They come with a ten-year guarantee
that they’ll keep your life pleasantly nice.”

© 2009 Ken Rookes

No comments:

The day is coming!

Haiku for partying Prophet Isaiah paints his partying canvas in bright, dancing hues. Come to God’s mountain, gather with you...